A comprehensive design process is required to complete the system-level architecture, electrical design work, and define and execute a final validation plan.
FixturFab sells two types of Test Systems.
- Test Systems. Test Fixtures with integrated Automated Test Equipment (ATE) that customers integrate into their test environment.
- Turnkey Test Systems. Work out of the box with FixturFab’s Test Runner and Custom Test Plans.
Mechanical-only bed of nails Test Fixtures have simpler pricing and quicker lead times.
FixturFab Test Systems typically include:
- A central CPU resource responsible for running Test Software, determining the test outcome, and reporting test results.
- Integrated automated test equipment that is programmatically controlled.
- A Turnkey Test Point Carrier Board (TPCB) that electrically connects the Device Under Test (DUT) to the Test Fixture via a multitude of test points. "Turnkey" TPCBs typically include a combination of support circuits and integrate other ATE devices like power injectors, analog multiplexers, voltage translators, GPIO control, and many others.
Estimated Starting Prices and Lead Times
Estimated starting prices and lead times for Test Systems vary widely and are highly dependent on specific Device Under Test (DUT) features and test requirements. Because of this, all Turnkey Test System and most Test System quotes will start with a paid Test System Blueprint Phase to provide a detailed plan to the customer to avoid any costly mistakes late during the development or manufacturing processes.
FixturFab Test System Blueprints are designed to be useful, even if a customer would like to proceed with a different designer or manufacturer. The primary deliverables consist of the following.
- Test System Block Diagram and Cabling Plan
- Automated Test Equipment Selection
- Test Matrix (Test Plan mapping to test hardware and/or API resources)
- Test System Qualification and Acceptance Plan
- Bill of Materials
- Milestone Schedule
- Detailed project quotation, price, and lead-time.
Test System Type
Starting Lead Time
|Test System Blueprints
1 - 4 weeks
6 - 10 weeks
|Turnkey Test Systems
8 - 16 weeks
Process to Deliver a Test System
Test Systems are designed to execute complex Functional Test Plans, and are most often implemented in production-level fixtures (although development-level fixtures also occasionally fall into this category). Fixture designs that are very simple (e.g., mechanical-only Test Fixtures) do not require this level of design effort.
FixturFab has developed a standard, comprehensive process for designing Test Systems, summarized in the following flowchart.